Outside of the medical technology and life sciences space, an opportunity exists that has the potential to deliver innovations to the $30 billion lithium ion batteries market, a market which is expected to be worth $50 billion per annum by 2018.
Early, promising data below (figure 1) compares existing battery material on the market today to battery material with our nanoglue technology added:
Figure 1: Anteo battery material vs conventional graphite Li-ion battery material.
What does this mean? Anteo nanoglue can:
- Increase the capacity of batteries
- Gives lighter and smaller batteries
- Improve the efficiency of charge/discharge
- Give batteries increased runtime per charge
- Batteries will charge faster
- Shorter waiting time to charge
- More cycles per battery
- Increased battery life
The company has established a special purpose entity with a focused budget, Anteo Energy Pty, to explore this opportunity in energy. For that reason, Anteo raised AUD 1 million with long term shareholders who wished to invest in the company’s continuing development of its nanoglue in the battery sector.